Title: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Company Name: Gori Australia Pty Ltd
Job Location: Melbourne VIC,
Employment Status: Full time
Business Development Executive - Job Description
Position Title: Business Development Executive - Import
Reporting Line: Sales Director
City, Country: Melbourne, Australia
About Hillebrand GORI
Hillebrand GORI is a subsidiary under Deutsche Post DHL Group and specializes in the logistics of beverages, beer, wine and spirits. Our network of companies has operations in more than 90 countries around the world with over 3,000 professionals today.
We take pride in being an innovative group, ever changing and adapting to the needs of the markets in which we operate. As well as offering first class logistics services, our companies also lead the way in the development of leading-edge products, services and IT tools for the industries in which they operate. However, while we continue to grow and expand our horizons, we also recognize that it is our people, ideas and values that enable us to do what we do.
Hillebrand GORI is looking for a resourceful, self-motivated, determined and ambitious professional, who enjoys the adrenaline rush of conquering new business and global networking. We are looking for a results-oriented professional who is able to identify and qualify opportunities; has good knowledge of supply chain & logistics, freight forwarding and shipping processes; has excellent networking skills and the ability to build collaborative partnerships with diverse groups of clients and colleagues.
You will play a pivotal role in maintaining and developing the Hillebrand GORI business, with a focus on maintaining and expanding on relationships with the current supplier & customer base, but most importantly, identifying and acquiring new customers in order to ensure continued growth in volume & gross margin, particularly in adjacent commodities.
In your role, you will help customers resolve sales-related matters in a timely manner, providing real-time support. You will also be liaising with the Hillebrand GORI local and global network to ensure that you are providing an excellent level of customer service at all times, to both external and internal customers.
- Boost and contribute to all local and regional sales efforts to grow volume & profitability with goal to overall exceed budget expectations and increase company market share
- Implement sales and marketing activities to meet volume and revenue targets
- Primary contact and maintain relationships with customers including managing end-to-end business development processes; and introduce new product & service innovations
- Develop strong relationships with your customers and build trust for continued business opportunities
- Conduct market and account related research for customer meetings and promptly follow up internally and externally on outstanding issues
- Research market and economic development to capture business opportunities
- Commercial acumen is a requirement, understanding both our industry and customer base is critical to success
- Develop new business in line with company strategy in BWS freight, adjacent commodities and Integrated Logistics Solutions
- Closely collaborate with the NZ Business, including Operations and Pricing Departments to ensure best outcomes and service levels are maintained to our customers and potential customers both internally and externally
- Utilize and maintain all sales tools and systems provided, use the data to drive & guide decisions and activities
- Flexible to travel within the region/country
- Follow Hillebrand GORI policies and procedures at all times
- Drive successes on new business development as well as establishing business expansion plans for assigned markets/ verticals in line with the strategic focus for New Zealand
- Identify and recommend strategic target accounts and growth opportunities for New Zealand
- Identify potential new business in adjacent segments
- Meet and exceed annual GM targets from supplier/customer portfolio
- Responsible and accountable for GM development and achievement
- Achieve and grow annual sales targets by canvassing new business pipelines
- Develop strategies and tactics to maintain and grow the overall performance of the allocated portfolio
- Develop strong relationships with your clients to ensure they approach you for all and any queries/quotes
- Actively communicate via phone/in person to cement relationships with customers, and update CRM
- Customer focused with attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Actively promote and adopt any systems and processes implemented by Hillebrand GORI
- Maintain the CRM platform to reflect all activity and opportunities completing weekly and monthly reporting as required
- Address client queries within 24hrs
- Update customer with market updates and service and or rate changes
- Present internally any market information, market mapping, service and or rate changes, forwarder strategies and risk associated with this change
- Work as a team to achieve results and exceed targets
- Contribute positively to sales meetings and wider business
- Proactively support your sales team to develop relationships with their allocated portfolio of clients as required
- Live and be a visible driving force of the Hillebrand GORI values and collaborate actively to a positive team environment
- A professional attitude with exceptional follow through and extensive collaboration with operations and other depts
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint experience essential
- Must be competent at analyzing data
- Quick and eager learner with a strong focus on problem solving
- Cost comprehension, understanding of market levels/influences/margins
- Customer Service Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Market Research
- Organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Process improvement orientated
Key Stakeholders & Relationship management
- Internal - local
- Immediate team members and direct reporting line
- Operations and Pricing team
- Operations Manager
- Country Manager
- External - local
- Local Wineries/suppliers
- Import Customers
- Internal & External – overseas
- Hillebrand GORI offices (IHO/EHO) at Origin/Destination
- DHL Global Forwarding offices at Origin/Destination
We encourage everyone to contribute positively to the team and the wider business.
We encourage cross training and expect staff to assist other staff members when and where able within the business.
Promoting inclusive, respectful relationships; that create positive contributions and outcomes to the business’ overall objectives and direction.
Read Before Apply
Do you have experience in a sales role?Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?How many years' experience do you have in market research?How many years' experience do you have in a client services / account management role?Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?How many years' experience do you have as a business development executive?Do you have customer service experience?